Summary of Qualifications:
• Consultant for obstetrics and fetal medicine
• Clinical expert in high risk pregnancies and fetal therapy
• strong expertise in prenatal ultrasound, including the evaluation of fetal circulation and longitudinal measurements of fetal development
• independent researcher in the area of fetal medicine, fetal programming and materno-fetal immune crosstalk
• habilitation on prenatal determinants of children’s health
• scientific work achieved to date has led to important insights on how pregnancy complications alter fetal and postnatal development.
2004 to present
University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf
Department for Obstetrics and Fetal Medicine
• Residency training in obstetrics and gynecology at the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf.
• Principal Co-Investigator of the TRUFFLE Study on monitoring fetal growth restriction
• Principal Co-investigator of the WHO Study on fetal longitudinal growth
• Board certified in obstetrics and gynecology
• Clinical Fellowship in prenatal ultrasound
• Principal Co-investigator of the EVERREST Trial on fetal gene therapy
• Principal Investigator of the PRINCE Study on fetal immune development
• Attending for obstetrics and Fetal Medicine
• Head of the clinical research team
• Research funded by the german research assoziation (DFG), the state-research initiative (LEXI) and the Werner-Otto-Stiftung
2001 to 2003
New York, USA
Fellow at the Population Council (Prof. Patricia Morris). Research on the reproductive effect of prostaglandins. Thesis work on apoptosis induced via 15-deoxy 12,14-prostaglandin J2.