* Preliminary Program – Subject to change
THE BEST OF RBMO PUBLICATIONS IN 2017-2018: THE EDITOR’S CHOICE
EPIGENETICS AND THE DOHaD CONCEPTS IN ART
- The DOHaD concept and long-term effects
- Epigenetics and ART
- Nutrition, ART and outcome
- Obesity, ART and outcome
FERTILITY PRESERVATION FOR SOCIAL MOTIVES
- Debate: Social freezing – What are the results of oocyte survival, pregnancy rate and obstetrics outcome?
- The procedure is very effective and can insure future fertility
- Results of freezing are not as good as published
- Can the use ovarian tissue cryopreservation to delay menopause? More mothers after 50?
- Freezing for social motives is not cost effective for the society
USE, ABUSE AND UNDERUSE OF PROCEDURES
- ICSI: From the beginning to where we are today, are we abusing ICSI?
- The end of freeze all?
- IVM: The rise and fall and rise again of IVM?
- Achieving deliveries in primary ovarian insufficiency
FIBROIDS AND IVF: CAN WE REACH CONSENSUS?
- The impact of uterine fibroids on fertility
- Is there evidence that myomectomy increases implantations and pregnancies?
- The alternative management of uterine fibroids in infertile patients
- What do we know about the effect of UPA on ovarian reserve?
IMPLANTATION FAILURE AND WHAT’S NEXT
- The endometrium in repeated implantation failure
- High-throughput single-cell RNA-seq analysis of the endometrium associated with recurrent pregnancy loss
- Immunology and implantation
- RIF: Why the studies on treatment of RIF are so controversial
- Countercurrent: IVF outcomes over the years. Is LBR rising or declining? Why?
- New insights into the PCOS
- Defining the polycystic ovary: AMH or ultrasound?
- Does Cochrane reviews show any role for metformin in the management of PCOS?
- WHO consensus algorithm for management of anovulatory PCOS
CONTROL OVARIA STIMULATION
- Why do we think more eggs is better than less eggs? Is it in the quality only?
- Why still use FSH dosages over 225 IU?
- When hCG was the luteal support drug: Will it be the come-back kid?
- Mild Antagonist cycles: The best for effect and safety?
ET AND LUTEAL SUPPORT
- Progesterone support: Are all progesterones similar? Is there an upper dose for progesterone?
- Adjuvant luteal support, other than progesterone, any proofs?
- Why are we not all TOP-performing in embryo transfer technique?
GENETIC TESTING OF EMBRYOS
- Debate: Mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) can serve as a biomarker of pre-implantation embryo viability
- Debate: PGT for all is that the way to go?
RTD ON PROVEN AND UNPROVEN ART PROCEDURES (Panel Discussion)
- What evidence do we have that assisted hatching works?
- What evidence do we have for the “augment” procedure?
- What evidence do we have for stem cell replenishment in the ovary?
- What evidence do we have for the value of endometrial scratching?
- What evidence do we have that high dose FSH increases success?
- What evidence do we have that the “only SET policy” will not affect success?
- How strong are the evidences that of in vitro activation of follicles is a viable option for the future?
- How strong are the evidences that DHEA / testosterone pretreatment can affect IVF results?
- How strong are the evidences that platelet rich plasma – is ovarian rejuvenation possible?
UTERINE TRANSPLANTATION OR SURROGACY?
- The first surrogate pregnancy: What have we learned since?
- Cross-border surrogacy
- Is uterine transplantation an alternative to surrogacy?
- Artificial uterus
- Debate: Ovarian Endometrioma Before Infertility
- Prefer IVF first
- Prefer surgery first
- Debate: Uterine adenomyosis: Can surgery help?
EVIDENCE BASED MEDICINE: HOLY GRAIL OR MORE DOUBTS?
- Which outcome should be reported in IVF, let’s move to one-year outcome
- Prediction models in IVF
- Evidence-based medicine and IVF
- Countercurrent: Selective outcome reporting and sponsorship in randomized controlled trials in IVF and ICSI
- Debate: Global re-evaluation of genetic testing in-light of the most recent advancements
- Evidences are still lacking
- Evidences have been achieved
- Should we fully screen all donors or only if the male is a carrier?
- Expanded carrier screening and PGD: Where is the problem?
ARE WE MAKING ADVANCES IN THE LABORATORY?
- Time-Lapse: Useful Algorithms or just nice videos?
- Can Artificial Intelligence help to select viable embryos?
- What can be done to improve embryo culture?
- Does laboratory design really matter?
WHAT MAKES A GOOD EMBRYO?
- Self-organization of the human embryo
- CRISPER editing of the human embryo
- Does parental diet really matter?
- What biomarkers are worth measuring?
- Countercurrent: Aneuploidy and mosaic embryos can be transferred